Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer Blog Post #2

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20150818-keep-calm-and-conquer-the-mountain-of-stress

School is 10 days away and of course this is the period when the magazines, newspapers, social media etc start posting thoughts/articles on how to release stress. When I first started reading articles on releasing stress, it was worthwhile because I acquired new information from it however; these days I feel like the articles are just repetition of each other. Also, I hear people (mainly adults) around me talking about how I shouldn't take stress in my senior year but I know as soon as school opens, people (mainly adults) will start 'enlightening' us on how we can't afford to slack off this year and how we need to be on top of our game but then at the end they always add a phrase akin to: 'but of course you can have some fun."

I understand why adults constantly remind us about school work, college applications etc- they want what's best for us/they think that's the right thing to do but I don't think they understand that constantly reminding us (like daily basis) on the list of things we need to do during our senior year has no affect on the people who don't care about personal responsibility and rather, it ends up frustrating the students who have already taken upon their responsibility.

In essence, I believe that constant reminder does more harm than good and a gentle reminder every now and then is more needed and much more appreciated (by me at least). 

No comments:

Post a Comment